Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just an idea

Hey guys. Hopefully you have had time to play in the snow and have some fun. I know I did. Alright so here is a quote from Albert Einstein that really bothers me: Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.  ~Albert Einstein
So I spoke in our presentation about a possibility of how our limited views are only breeding grounds for a faulty reality. At the time I only half believed myself and well I felt that I was going slightly crazy. But just recently I had a very thorough dream that my girlfriend and I missed the dining hall food and so we traveled to Sammish and got some McDonald's. When I asked her if this had happened she said I was losing my mind. So I feel like it happened. The dream was so real that it could not have been fake, but when I actually think back to it I know that we had no car and for that matter no money so there was no way we could have gone anywhere. I don't spend money without having it. So I guess what I am asking is what do you think of this quote?
Personally I do believe reality is only a pure illusion, but how do you explain a bruise from falling or things like that.Optical Media showed us how technology in film used various tricks to make people believe in truths that were false. Like the train coming out of the TV thing. So is there really a reality or are we just living in a fake world?

1 comment:

  1. When examining this statement by Einstein we must focus first on the definition of reality: 1. The quality or state of being actual or true. 2.the state of things as they are or appear to be, rather than as one might wish them to be. I think that what Einstein is implying is that our "reality" is merely our perception of what is true in our conscious surrounding. The key word in this analysis is 'perception'. Our reality is an illusion because we are unable to comprehend what we are blind to.
    The objective of this project is impractical because we are trying to immortalize our lives. By meshing our 'realities' with a technological system, we have defeated the very essence of the idea immortality and subsequently 'ourselves'.

    ReplyDelete